The Danny Sanchez Memorial Scholarship Fund
was started as a tribute to Danny H. Sanchez. Danny's love for music brought The Festival Band together in 2009 and his vision was to perform a variety of genres, which is what The Festival Band is well known for in the Tucson community. This scholarship is in his honor..... Formed by Rick and Stella Hernandez
We proudly introduce the 2017 and 1st recipient of The Danny Sanchez Memorial Scholarship Fund.... Paulina Miller! Paulina is a Tucson High School graduate and member of the Advanced Women's Ensemble. Her GPA is 3.8 and 48th out of 733 students. Paulina will be attending the University of Arizona. Congratulations Paulina! We will be presenting Paulina with her $1250 Scholarship this Friday, Aug 4th at Little Mexico Steakhouse. (Paulina was the only applicant for 2017. We will be saving the second scholarship for the 2018 HS Graduates. We hope many more High School Students apply for our Scholarship next year)
WHO CAN APPLY
Seeking graduating seniors in the Tucson area with current involvement in a music program.
Application deadline (to be determined for 2018 graduates) to be received by the Fund Committee. Late applications will not be accepted.
Recipients will be selected by a committee consisting of volunteers who are associated with The Festival Band. The scholarship will be awarded (date to be determined in 2018)
SCHOLARSHIP GUIDELINES & PRIORITIES:
- Seeking graduating seniors in the Tucson area with current involvement in a music program.
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 (must submit original sealed high school transcripts as proof of GPA.)
- A total family annual income under $90,000.
- Plan to attend a 2 or 4 year college or technical school.
- Applicants will submit two (2) letters of recommendation from two of their teachers; one should be a music instructor.
- Scholarship funds will be paid directly to the college and not to the student. It will be the student’s responsibility to inform Fund Committee the date of tuition and when fees are due to start their First Semester of college in the 2018 school year.
- Applicants must have the endorsement of their Guidance Counselor on their application attesting they are a qualified fit for this scholarship.
- Application deadline is (To be determined for 2017-2018 school year) to be received by the Fund Committee. Late applications are not accepted.
- Scholarship will be award (Date to be announced in 2018).
APPLICATION may be downloaded here:
If you're having trouble downloading the file contact us at: email@example.com